About This Course
“Michael's passion and enthusiasm for Agile practices is evident both in the way that he presents his material and the subject matter itself.” - Jamie Phillips, Consulting Software Engineer, Picis
Are you a Scrum Product Owner? Are you not sure how to run experiments to validate your backlog? Do you want to learn how to collaborate with your team and stakeholders? Do you want to make accurate prioritization decisions that maximize value? Then this course is for you!
This course is the fastest path you can take to 'level up' your Scrum Product Owner skills.
In this course you will learn:
- The mindset of successful Scrum Product Owners. You will learn how your mindset influences your actions and how to construct an effective mindset.
- How to interact with the Development Team and stakeholders. What practices can you put in place that will make you more successful?
- Hypothesis-driven development: How to make sure that the items in your backlog are valuable.
- EXACTLY what you are responsible for during the planning, refinement, and review meetings. And how to execute on those responsibilities effectively.
- How to visualize your work. You will learn what managers care about and how they think about product ownership.
- The characteristics of a Product Owner and how to increase your ability to work with the team.
This course is for people who want to ‘raise the bar’ on their skills. Introductory Product Owner courses tell you ‘what’ you need to do but not ‘how’ to do it. This course shows you ‘how’ to be a Scrum Product Owner.
The Scrum Product Owner is the CEO of the Product. In this course, you will learn the basics of being a Scrum Product Owner.
Rob Rubin, Ph.D.
Rob has been leading revolutionary online learning initiatives since 20012. As the founding VP of Engineering at edX, the MIT and Harvard non-profit to revolutionize learning, Rob led the effort to develop and open-source the edX platform, working with Stanford, Google and McKinsey, and “helping a 1000 flowers to bloom” in the Open edX eco-system. As an Entrepreneur in Residence at Microsoft, Rob led the creation of the Microsoft Professional Programs. In a collaboration with MSFT, Harvard and Raccoongang, Rob led the development of AlosiLabs, a break-through open-source adaptive learning engine. Rob is a Certified Scrum@Scale Practitioner and a Certified Scrum@Scale Trainer. Rob holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Brown University.
Michael de la Maza, Ph.D.
Michael de la Maza is a Scrum Alliance Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC). As an Agile coach, his major engagements have been with Paypal, State Street, edX, Carbonite, Unum, and Symantec. Previously, he was VP of Corporate Strategy at Softricity (acquired by Microsoft in 2006) and co-founder of Inquira (acquired by Oracle in 2011). He is the co-author of Agile Coaching: Wisdom from Practitioners and Why Agile Works: The Values Behind The Results. He holds a PhD in Computer Science from MIT.